Do you have Medicare supplement plans for 2019 for yourself because these can be found at https://www.medisupps.com/medicare-supplement-plans-2019/? You should have; in these times of high medical costs. Basically, these plans supplement your original medical insurance. It covers things which the original insurance foes not cover, like deductibles and travel medical emergencies.
Let us see what the downside such plans
- These Medicare supplement plans are not stand-alone products.
- These will not help you to get prescription drugs.
- If you are under 65 years of age, you are not going to receive the benefits.
- If you are under the threshold age and have last stage renal disease, sclerosis or any other disability.
- Routine check-ups and doctor visit fees are not included in the benefits.
- Hearing accessories and eye glasses are outside the purview of these plans.
Now let us come to the benefits
Globally, there are quite a few Medicare supplement plans for citizens. These plans are denoted by alphabets like A, B, C, D, F, G and so on. These plans are available in most states.
- These plans include coinsurance and hospitalisation costs.
- Blood costs are included.
- Skilled nurses’ service facility is included.
- Excess charges on and above the amount which the original medical insurance covers, is also reimbursed.
How to go about these Medicare supplement plans?
- You need to purchase both Plan A and Plan B to avail Medicare supplement facilities.
- The other word for these policies is Medigap.
- You will need to purchase the Medigap policies separately for each family member.
- You can purchase a Medigap policy from any private insurance player in your state.
- Medigap policies are renewable, till you keep paying the premiums.
Apart from all the benefits that these policies offer, there are a few things you should be careful of. Remember, no one can pressurise you to purchase Medicare supplement plans from their company. Any company whatsoever cannot knowingly, sell a second Medigap policy. If you are giving a declaration to them, then they can.
You should not purchase Medicare supplement plans, if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan. With rising medical costs, it is very important to keep yourself up to date about medical plans in the market. Always, research the pros and cons before purchasing any plan from any private player.
You can get guidance online as these plans are quite in demand, nowadays. Always, browse through the plans beforehand and avoid discrepancies later on. Protect yourself today and relax with your family.